La Leche League of Madison Area Chapter
Breastfeeding Coalition of South Central Wisconsin
are co-hosting a family potluck picnic for World Breastfeeding Week!
August 5th, 2018, 3-6pm, at McKee Farms Park, 2930 Chapel Valley Road, Fitchburg, WI
Dream Park playground, Splash Pad, Shelter with picnic tables.
Disposable tableware provided.
Bring your family, a dish to pass and your own beverages for an evening of fun!
Live, Love, Latch! events are designed to not only celebrate breastfeeding, but to also highlight community support. All in attendance at a Live, Love, Latch! event will be counted as participants, who declare their support of breastfeeding in their local community and beyond.
Are you looking for a La Leche League group in the Wisconsin area outside of Madison/Dane County?
La Leche League of Wisconsin has a map and listing of all active Wisconsin La Leche League groups. Click here for the map. Each pinpoint has contact information for each group when you click it.
Groups in Wisconsin
If you are still unable to find the information you are looking for, please feel free to call our Madison Area Helpline at (608)616-9978 or you can email Janna: janna1967 AT gmail DOT com
We like to highlight breastfeeding resources in neighboring areas around Madison.
Here’s the flyer for the new La Leche League group in Richland/Sauk County area. Yay!
La Leche League monthly gatherings and assistance via our phone line or e-mail are always FREE. Membership to LLL of Madison is available and a wonderful way to support the work of our volunteer Leaders.
Some of the benefits of membership include:.
- Access to monthly group gatherings, group library, and telephone help at (608) 616-9978.
- Local online support through the Madison LLL moms’ Facebook page. Share your experiences and challenges with other local breastfeeding moms and receive support from Leaders online. Include your email address with the renewal notice to receive an invitation to join.
- Meeting new people in your community and gaining self-confidence as you learn from other mothers.
- Providing funds for the phone line, pamphlets and information sheets, postage, and continuing education for Leaders.
- Ensuring that LLL continues to exist now and for future breastfeeding families!
A one year membership is $25.00. For an additional $15.00 ($40.00 total), a copy of the newest edition of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is added.
The benefits of breastfeeding are, of course, priceless! Your membership or donation will help mothers in Wisconsin and all over the world who want to breastfeed!
Your membership check, or tax-deductible donation to LLL of Madison can be mailed to:
LLL of Madison
c/o Heather Reekie, Treasurer
706 Ariel Lane
Verona, WI 53593
By joining as a member locally, a portion of the membership helps to support the local La Leche League Madison Area Chapter.
NEW! You can now join or donate online via Paypal. There is now a Paypal button on the top of the right-hand sidebar.
This is a public service announcement from La Leche League Canada. It’s wonderfully produced and as true here in the Madison area as it is in Canada. “Because breastfeeding isn’t always easy, we’re here to help.”